Young pumpkin and soybean curry, Hariyo farsi ra bhatmas
A traditional Nepalese dish prepared with fresh green pumpkins and edamame have an acquired taste. Its authentic, yet simple. A must try recipe!
- 500 grams Young pumpkin or zucchini thinly sliced
- 150 grams Raw soybeans shells removed and washed
- 150 grams Tomatoes finely chopped
- 100 grams Onion sliced
- 20 grams garlic finely chopped or crushedmortar and pestle
- 20 grams Ginger finely chopped or crushedmortar and pestle
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Cilantro for garnish
- - Heat up oil in a pressure cooker, fry coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds until golden brown.
- - Add onions, cook until translucent.
- - Add ginger and garlic, cook until golden brown.
- - Add tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes.
- - Add pumpkin, soybeans and the rest of the seasonings except cilantro. Cook for 2 minutes.
- - Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook for around 15 minutes on a medium heat.
- - Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves while serving.
Pressure cooker isn’t very necessary. Other options can be in any type of cookware like a pot, wok or a deep pan etc. Paprika powder can be substituted with a very mild chili powder. Although, it makes the dish a bit spicy. This dish may substitute meat as it contains higher nutrition. Also goes very well with bread, rice or roti.