Nepalese Style Meat And Cheese Platter
- Yak cheese
- Buffalo jerky (Nepalese dried meat)
- Chinese pears or Asian pears (Naspati)
- Honey Comb (mauriko chaka)
- Cream crackers or cheese crackers
- Cut the cheese and meat in desired sizes, preferably bite size pieces.Arrange all the
- Ingredients on a wood board or a plate neatly.
Above recipe is one of the non-cooking snack that can be prepared with desirable local cheese, cured and dried meat, fruits etc. If due to unavailability of yak cheese, one could be replaced with any type desired cheeses. Sandwich cheeses like American, Cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Provolone etc., are not generally recommended. Try using different kinds of cheese as soft, semi soft, and hard. Walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachio or any nuts can also be used to prepare a meat and cheese platter. Any kind of crackers, bread, or biscuits can be served. Honey comb can be replaced with honey, fruit jam, or fruit puree. Meat and cheese platter are served as a beverage snack from a smaller plate to bigger serving trays. Various cutting techniques and arranging ingredients in a beautiful way may give an outstanding appearance and create a certain kind of atmosphere. YUMMY!