Wouldn't you want a nice dip that complements all kinds of momos, chips, fritters, or with a meal? Try this recipe, you won't feel sorry, instead, would make it again.
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red Korean chili or paprika powder
- 1 tbsp roasted soybean
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ cup water
- Mix all ingredients together in a deep saucepot.
- Bring them to boil, simmer on low heat while covered. Stir occasionally.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes.
- Cool it down a little bit. Then blend it until fine puree. Add little water or salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or save for later.
- Could store up to two weeks in a fridge.
- This chutney gives a nice flavor and kick, which is ideal for any dip at parties.
- This sauce can be used to serve as a dip, mom sauce, chowmein sauce, or any chutney with a meal.
- We can substitute the Korean red chili powder with paprika powder. If unavailable, without chili powder is also fine.